Site Safety Supervisor Roles and Responsibilities
We can provide an on-site Site Safety Supervisor that will review and comment upon the safety aspects of new or existing designs that may have an impact on safety. PEC Safety certified.
- Assists management in the preparation and implementation of the company specific Health, Safety and Environment program and policy.
- Establishes and monitors programs for detecting and correcting hazardous conditions
- Reviews and comments upon the safety aspects of new or existing designs that may have an impact of plan safety. Review entails the layout of the plan, equipment and operability, preparation and implementation of the safety plan
- Reviews JSA/JSEA and maintains records of such
- Participates as required in investigation of incidents and accidents, near misses and hazardous conditions
- Prepares reports and recommended actions to prevent recurrence
- Disseminates information on safety to all departments/disciplines to alert them on specific hazards and to promote safety awareness
- Liaise with appropriate clients on safety matters where necessary
- Carry out surveys and inspections for proactive countermeasures
- Arranges and/or conducts Health, Safety and Environmental training courses when needed and required
- Prepares safety procedures and plans for company and client operations and amends existing procedures as dictated by the client or company
- Coordinates the development of emergency exercises and response
- Manages PPE issuance and cost control of inventory
- Possesses industry or governmental certifications as required for the disciplines managed such as OSHA 501, OSHA 500, H2S Instructor, PEC Core Compliance Trainer, Medic First Aid/CPR/AED/BBP. Confined Space Rescue, Rigging Instructor, HAZMAT Tech, Forklift Instructor, Incipient Fire Fighting, Aerial Man Lift and other certifications that may be required